Your appointment time-frame is exclusively yours. Therefore, 24 hours notice is required should you need to cancel or reschedule. This allows for your appointment slot to be made available and potentially filled by another client. If you fail to provide 24 hours notice or do not show for your appointment you will be charged the full amount of the booked appointment time. Any exception to this policy is at the discretion of Breath & Body Wellness. Thank you for understanding the necessity of this policy and agreeing to honor it.
As a new massage client, you filled out and signed a form that included the following waiver.
- I understand the massage / bodywork I receive is provided for the basic purpose of relaxation and relief of muscular tension. I understand that if I experience any pain or discomfort during the session it is my responsibility to immediately inform the therapist so the pressure and/or strokes may be adjusted to my level of comfort.
- I understand that bruising can occur due to varying tissue and health conditions. I understand that bruising is more prevalent in longer/deeper therapies and certain areas of the body may also be more sensitive than others. I understand the goal is no bruising or discomfort and that communication is the key.
- I understand that if I choose to include cupping therapy in my treatment there is the possibility of skin discoloration, or “cup kisses”. I understand that this discoloration is not a bruise in the traditional sense and that it will dissipate within a few hours to a few days.
- I understand that massage / bodywork should not be construed as a substitute for medical examination, diagnosis or treatment and that I should consult a physician, chiropractor, or other qualified medical specialist for any mental, emotional, or physical ailment, of which I am aware. I understand massage/bodywork therapists are not qualified to perform spinal or skeletal adjustments, diagnose, prescribe, or treat any physical, emotional, or mental illness, and nothing said in the course of the session given should be construed as such.
- I understand that massage / bodywork should not be performed under certain medical conditions. I affirm that I have stated all my known conditions and answered all questions honestly since some therapies could actually aggravate certain conditions. I agree to keep my therapist updated as to any changes in my medical profile and understand that there shall be no liability on the part of the therapist should I neglect to do so.
- I understand that any information exchanged during a massage or bodywork session is confidential and is only used to provide me with the best therapy care services available. I understand that the therapist will ask me questions about my health and physical condition and that I am obligated to answer truthfully and honestly about my health history.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to notify the therapist of any physical discomfort or draping issues during the session.
- I understand that massage therapy / bodywork services are a therapeutic health aid and are non-sexual. I understand my massage therapist reserves the right to end a therapy session in the case of sexual innuendo or advances from me. I also understand that any illicit or sexually suggestive remarks or advances made by me will result in immediate termination of the massage, and I will be liable for full payment of the scheduled session.
- I understand that I am responsible to be on time for my appointments and that the therapist is not under any obligation to extend my therapy session. I also agree that I am responsible to pay for the full time I have booked with the therapist if I am late. I understand that my appointment time is reserved for me only. If I miss an appointment or am unable to give twenty-four (24) hours notice when I need to change or cancel my appointment, I agree to pay in full for the booked appointment time.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to follow the after-care recommendations I receive at the end of my session.
- I have reviewed this form in its entirety and I have discussed all my concerns regarding my treatment with my therapist.